Desperado, why don't you come to your senses 亡命之徒, 為何不清醒點
You've been out ridding fences for so long now 你在外闖盪已經很久了
Oh you are a hard one 噢! 你真是個固執的傢伙
But I know that you've got your reasons 但我知道你有你的藉口
These things that are pleasing you 那些討你歡心的事
Can hurt you some how 某些程度上也可能會傷害你
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy? 不要抽方塊皇后那張牌
( diamonds是鑽石, queen of diamonds(方塊Q)意指 拜金女郎)
She'll beat you if she's able 一逮到機會她就會矇騙你
You know the queen of hearts 你知道, 紅心皇后才是你的最佳賭注
is always your best bet
(撲克牌heart=紅心, 有愛情的意思, queen of hearts(紅心Q)指真正愛你的女孩)
Now it seems to me, some fine thing 對我來說, 有些好牌
Have been laid upon your table 都已攤開在你桌上
But you only want the ones you can't get 但你卻只想要你得不到的
Desperado, Oh you aren't getting no younger 亡命之徒, 你已不再年輕
Your pain and your hunger 你的痛苦與飢渴
They're driving you home, 驅使著你回家
Freedom, oh freedom 自由啊自由!
That's just some people talking 那只是某些人的講法
Your prison is walking through this world all alone 獨行天涯就是你的牢籠
Don't your feet get cold In the winter time寒冷的冬日裡,你的雙腳不覺得冷嗎?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine 天空既不下雪 又沒有太陽
It's hard to tell the night time from the day 分不清黑夜或白晝
You're losing all your highs and lows 你已一點一滴失去所有
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away 若連感覺都已失去豈不可笑?
Desperado, why don't you come to your senses 亡命之徒, 為何還不清醒點?
Come down from your fences and open the gate 從城牆上下來吧! 敞開心門
It may be raining 外面也許下著雨
But there's a rainbow above you 但彩虹就在你抬頭仰望的天空上
You better let somebody love you 你最好讓別人愛你
You better let somebody love you 你最好讓別人愛你
Before it's too late 在為時已晚之前